KALE BANANA DATE SMOOTHIE
I love this for breakfast. It's filling and energizing in a nice balanced way.
• Handful of kale (I use about half a head of kale)
• 1-2 Medjool dates (take out the pits of course)
• 1 frozen ripe banana (peel before freezing)
• Homemade almond milk and raw unheated coconut water. Find a ratio that you like. I recommend equal parts of each, or a little more almond milk than coconut water. (You can learn how to make almond milk HERE. It's easy. For the coconut water, I recommend Harmless Harvest. You can read about choosing coconut water HERE. It's important, as all those coconut waters that are not refrigerated at the stores are unhealthy to drink.)
• a dash of cinnamon
• vanilla beans or vanilla extract to taste
• a small cutting of raw coconut meat (optional)
OPTIONAL ADDITIONS FOR ANY SMOOTHIE
• 1 tsp aloe vera gel inner fillet (has many health benefits: halts the growth of cancer cells, eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain, hydrates and repairs the skin, and protects the kidneys, which any urban dweller should take care to do.)
• 1 tblspn hemp protein powder
• 1 tblspn flax seed (soaked for 24 hours and rinsed)
Put in a blender, blend and enjoy.
Share the recipe with your friends!